Hello and Welcome to WizeCove!
We'll keep this news post pinned to the top for a while as a reference for all our new community members. We wanted to use this space to get on the same page about what we are doing at WizeCove, what you can do currently with the community, and what you'll be able to do very, very soon. Let's get started.
Wiser communities, wiser workplaces, wiser professionals.
Equip and empower senior center staff across the nation to further support older persons and healthy aging in our communities.
You can read more about the membership options on our "Membership Options" tab, but all memberships are personal, professional memberships - no organizational memberships. This is one of the several ways we are different from other associations (although, you'll see we do host senior center associations in our clusters as a central and affordable solution). As a member, please use the information you learn here to benefit your workplace, but unless your co-workers have access to this platform, they do not have direct access to this content. You can review our terms and conditions if you need more clarification on this.
We allow non-member users, but all they can view is a limited version of the blog, directory page, and the direct messaging feature. Freemium users will be able to see there are other tabs, but they will be prompted to purchase a membership to get access. This provides those not in a financial position to fully join to minimally connect to one another.
Features and Navigation
You are automatically directed to your profile page after activating your account. You can navigate back here by clicking your picture in the top right. You can change your information, notifications, privacy settings, and more.
The heart of our platform. If you use social media, this will look and feel very familiar. Any paid member is able to post, keeping the majority of our communications centralized. Also, if someone decides to host an event or write a blog, those updates will be fed directly to this live feed area. If you have a question, observations, a funny picture or meme to share, feel free to post it.
You can find your colleagues here. You can search by cluster, profession, city/state, or just move the map around to see who else is here. While you can message someone from this people page, you can also do that in your top right corner where the speech bubble is located.
Keep up with the events the WizeCove Team puts together for you. We are working on some exciting event and workshop collaborations for 2021 AND you'll be able to create your own events then too!
Blog & News
Blogs and news can come from WizeCove, members, or from outside professionals like universities, researchers, physical therapists, care managers, and other special interest groups. If you'd like to share content, blog posts can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for review, and please include any images (including yourself) you'd like included.
Think of these are mini coves. Not only will there be state clusters as we grow, but professional leveled groups and topical clusters. All clusters will have a live feed, but depending on the group, could also have their own events, forums, media storage, membership, and more.
The resource tab gives you access to our community resources but also those from our parent organization, KovirPage LLC. You'll see in the drop-down webinar replays (updated at the end of the month), courses, the Don't Lead Alone podcast, and a place to request new features for the WizeCove community.
Feature Release Timeline
October 15 - Platform Launch Date
And the launch of our referral program as an incentive for you to be an active participant in helping us grow!
Referral Program Release: For each successful referral you make to WizeCove, we'll give you10% of their membership fee via Amazon e-Gift Card.
- What is a successful referral? You invite someone, they make an account, and then they purchase a Wize or Wizer membership.
- What does 10% look like? $5.50 if your friend purchases a Wize membership, $25 if your friend purchases a Wizer membership.
- What can I use my Amazon e-Gift Card for? Since our memberships belong to you and not your organization, YOU get the gift card to use on whatever you want. Spend it on your programs if you wish, but I'd encourage you to spend it on yourself! #selfcare
- When and how will I get the Amazon e-Gift Card? We'll award these at the end of the month via email. If the end of the month is on a weekend or holiday, we'll send it out on the following business day.
- Is there a cap to our referrals? Nope, no value cap. However, we cannot promise this referral program will exist forever, so send your invites soon!
- How do I refer someone? In the top right of your WizeCove account, there is a plus sign (+). When you click it, the fourth box says "refer someone to the community." You'll check the box for external invites (someone not already in our system), enter their name, email, a note if you want, and send.
October 27 - Mobile App Launch
On Android and iOS.
November 10 - Media Center Launch
Our parent organization, KovirPage LLC, has templates and documents to share as well as our team will be collecting items you share on WizeCove, ensuring a robust, active library. Looking for a specific topic? Ask, and you shall receive.
November 24 - Project Brags Launch
Have a transportation service that is better than any others in your area? Did you successfully create and pilot a food pantry delivery service? Share your team and brags here, someone else could learn from it and make their community wiser.
December 15 - Employment Launch
We are going to allow postings from members about career and volunteer opportunities at your workplace. Our team debated this quite a bit, but senior centers are a niche industry. We feel allowing others to see what opportunities are available could lead to a quality employment referral. This can also be used for those looking for volunteers, board of directors, and mentors.
Please remember to read and refer to WizeCove’s Terms and Conditions Agreement as well as the Privacy and Cookies Policy. These are helpful, legal documents in regards to our community.
We want people to feel safe when using our groups and forums. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of community guidelines, outlined below. These policies will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed in WizeCove and its clusters. It will also help you understand what type of content may be reported and removed. Because of the diversity of our community, please keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our community guidelines.
Senior Center Professionals of All Levels are Welcome
- All skill and experience levels, from a few months in this industry to those with 20+years.
- Those who work for government-funded centers, non-profits, and for-profits.
- Those who work for centers pinching pennies, others who are thriving, and even a few looking to launch new centers.
- Those who wear multiple hats or just one as a director, board member, nutritionist, social worker, programmer, receptionist, transportation, outreach, development, etc.
Keep it Respectful
- Comments that are inappropriately negative, rude, or attacking will be deleted, removed, or we will ask you to revise your thoughts. Everyone is here to learn and grow, so anything violating that will be removed.
- Special attention will be given to inappropriate comments related to diversity including but not limited to religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
No Pitching to the Group
- We have a strict ‘no shopping for customers’ policy in our community and clusters. This includes pointing people to blog posts with your offers/affiliate offers and publicly asking members to join your own Facebook groups or communities.
- Be cautious of unsolicited private messages to group members. If we get multiple complaints that you or someone else is using private messages to make unsolicited pitches to members, you will be asked to leave with no refund. You should view the group as your peers, not your leads.
No Gated Content
- Content posted in the clusters cannot be used to harvest leads in any way. If you need feedback or a review, post the direct PDF, document, or screenshot. Don’t require people to opt-in to view.
- Content gathered in WizeCove clusters cannot be collected, repackaged, and/or shared outside the group. Every member of our communities has a right to privacy and the right to feel safe that their questions, answers, and experiences remain privy to group members only.
- Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for details on confidentiality and intellectual property.
Keep on Topic
- We reserve the right to remove posts based on off-topic content or offensive content.
Partnering with Other Members
- Access to this community does not mean that KovirPage LLC endorses anyone’s products or services. Please be cautious and do your due diligence when partnering with anyone in the community – don’t assume everyone is trustworthy.
Report posts that are breaking group policies
- Due to the large number of people joining our communities, it’s sometimes difficult for us to catch everything. If you see a post that is questionable, please report it, tag our community manager in the comments, or reach out to our community manager directly via private message so our team can review them.
Breaking the rules
Please if you have any additional questions, comment those below and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
We'll talk soon,